Login or sign up Lost password?
Login or sign up
The river runs for approximately 13 miles through York stretching from the Parish of Nether Poppleton in the north to Naburn in the south. To improve navigation York Corporation built the first of two locks at Naburn in 1757. Downstream of Naburn Lock the river remains tidal. In 1989 responsibility for the Ouse was transferred to British Waterways.